Now that you have been accepted to BU you will need to arrange your accommodation. Here is our essential guide to choosing your accommodation and setting up your home.
- Make sure that you have an unconditional offer from BU for postgraduate admission (or ‘unconditional offer’ status in UCAS Track for undergraduate admission) as you can only apply for BU accommodation once you have met the terms of your offer.
- Look at our accommodation options by watching our accommodation videos. You can find these videos at our website or on our YouTube channel, or YouKu channel if you are from mainland China.
- Once you have chosen your favourite accommodation option you can apply by filling out our Accommodation Application Form indicating your preferred choice on the form. You should be aware that we cannot guarantee that all applicants will get their first choice of accommodation.
You will need to log-in to the online accommodation application system. You may have already received an email containing your username and password. If not, or if you have any problems logging in, please contact askBU.”
- Once you have received confirmation of your allocated accommodation you will need to accept the offer by paying your deposit. You will not be able to collect your keys or enter your accommodation unless you have paid BEFORE YOU ARRIVE!
- The process is now complete and all that is left to do is get ready to arrive. You should read through our Residence Rules and download the appropriate Survival Guide as these documents will give you all of the information you need to know before arriving!
- Make sure you are aware of the Arrival Procedure for your accommodation option. Procedures vary depending on where you are living and you will need to be prepared for when you arrive.
- Students, who leave University, for whatever reason during the year, must contact their landlord, even if that landlord is the University. The Residential Services Office must be contacted, to check their contractual obligations. (NB Some of the Halls are operated by private landlords).