Welcome to New Student Essentials 2013!
In order to make sure that you get all the information you need, please select an option below:
This is your first degree
You have already completed a degree
Not sure which one applies to you?
Don't worry, you can still access information below for all the categories on this site:
Before you arrive:
Confirm your place on your course
- Tell us when you have met the conditions of your offer and confirm your results to us if necessary. If you are a postgraduate student, you will also need to pay your deposit. For a step by step guide on how to confirm your place, click here.
- After confirming your place, you can apply for University-managed accommodation online using the online form. If Residential Services are able to offer you a place to live, they will email you with an offer and you will have to pay a deposit to secure your place by the required date.
- We will send you your username, password and link to the online registration webpages. You may have received this in a welcome letter with this handbook by post. If you are living outside of the EU, we will email you about this. Online registration includes paying your fee (or telling us who will be paying your fee). You must complete the online registration process before you can enrol on your course.
- Read the student handbook the international student handbook and any information you have received about your course. Also, make sure you look at the Arrivals Events Guide so that you can plan your social life and extra-curricular activities!
- If you are on Facebook then 'Like' the Bournemouth University: We arrive in 2013/14 page (or our Postgraduate page) to keep up to date with the latest information and meet fellow new students. If on Twitter, then follow @Bournemouthuni